Department of (BMcC[18-11-46-503]) typographical errors and textual misreadings
- "A wise old owl once sat in an oak. The more he saw the less he spoke. The less he spoke the more he heard. Why can't we all be like that old bird." From my early childhood, a little plaque on my maternal grandparents' dining room wall. Maybe age 6 years? At the time I read "Brad" instead of "bird"; alas not what was intended by them.
- "The American space agency has rolled out its new giant Moon rocket for the first time.The vehicle, known as the Space Launch System (SLS), was taken to Pad 39B at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida to conduct a dummy countdown.If that goes well, the rocket will be declared ready for a mission in which it will send an uncrewed test capsule around the Moon." I read "unscrewed" instead of "uncrewed"; I hypothesized that vehicle acceleration would keep the capsule pressed against its booster?
- My Reader Comment to The New York Times anent Amber Heard Johnny Depp trial verdict, and, as usual, the computer has lost what I wrote so I can't find it now but it included "Leave the dead to burn -- typo: bury the dead....
- Somehow I completely forgot that I had typed instead of "Activist": "ActiFist. A great typo for a digusting person and their ilk!
- "Critical " Obviously the political correctnesss word is: "race". theory
- "Boys who will be boys go on to play on their school's varsity football team and then as adults become suburban ". Come Monday morning, do they commute to an office or stay in the garage?